Preparing My Orlando Home to Sell
Your listing agent will also use their professional connections to help you prepare your home for sale.
This includes steps like:
- Improving your home’s “curb appeal” with landscaping, exterior paint, etc.
- Decluttering and depersonalizing the interior
- Updating outdated features
- Repainting and remodeling if necessary
- Getting your home pre-inspected
- Making sure it will appraise as close to your asking price as possible
- Hiring a professional staging company
The Marketing Expertise to Sell My Home in Orlando
The next step, and another reason to hire a listing agent to sell your home, is marketing.
Because anyone can list a home.
But a great listing agent will help your home stand out from the crowd by:
- Making any pre-listing adjustments as dictated by the market
- Using both time-honored and cutting-edge marketing techniques
- Like quality signage, on-the-ground and aerial photography, and video and virtual tours
- Listing on MLS, as well as email campaigns and newsletters with your Just Listed status
- Aimed at a large inbuilt clientele of interested buyers
- Arrange showings
Showing My Home
Your listing agent will host both private showings and open houses to help sell your Orlando home.
Successful showings let your buyers get a sense of what living in your home will be like.
In order to best facilitate this, your listing agent will guide you through how to prepare for showings.
Some tips on showing your home, from Authentic Real Estate Team:
- Have a place to go. Your buyers will feel more comfortable if you aren’t around for showings
- Make sure your home is free of clutter, which can be not only unsightly, but hazardous
- Open blinds and turn on lights. Adequate lighting will boost buyers’ moods and make your home appear larger
- Flowers and soft music can be a nice touch
- Make sure your whole home is accessible, but your valuables aren’t
A great listing agent is also a great negotiator.
They will use their negotiating skills to help get you as close to your asking price as possible.
As well as relaying all offers to you and helping you consider things like:
- How will contingencies, inspection, possible need for repairs, and appraisal affect the offer?
- Does the buyer’s timeline match the date by which I want to sell my Orlando home?
- How much are they putting down in earnest money?
- Are there other offers on the table? If not, is there time to wait for more?
Closing the Sale on My Orlando Home
The day has come when you get to see the fruits of all your hard work.
Your listing agent will be there to help things run smoothly, helping to ensure that:
- You have all necessary identification
- The proceeds and costs on your Closing Disclosure match those on your Settlement Statement
- Your money is disbursed according to your preference
I’m Ready to Sell My Orlando Home!
We like your enthusiasm!
But first, sit down with a great listing agent, like the ones at Authentic Real Estate Team.
We’ll help you make a plan of attack, then help you follow it through step by step.
Including, of course, the final step – closing on a successful sale!
Click here to check out some up-to-date statistics before selling your home in Orlando.