As we’ve mentioned, expediting the sale of your home is important for several reasons. Among these is the fact that homes that sit longer on the market depreciate in value, that you’re still making payments on it while you’re waiting for the right offer, and that any unnecessary protraction of the process is quite simply an unnecessary protraction of your stress.
But by following a few easy-to-remember tips for a speedy sale, you can sell your home faster than the competition, saving you time, money, and stress. Here are five steps you can take to expedite your sale.
- 1. Relocating: Relocating to a temporary residence during your sale can be a good idea for several reasons. It offers you a reprieve from the noise, smell, and mess of remodeling projects like demolition and painting, helps you depersonalize your home to make it easier for buyers to envision themselves there, and saves you the stress of having to get out of dodge every time an interested buyer requests a showing. Even though you’ll be paying rent on your temporary residence, relocating increases your chances of getting a good offer and thus recouping these costs.
- 2. Proper Pricing: Setting the proper price from the beginning lets discerning buyers know you aren’t trying to highball them, and increases the likelihood of their viewing your home. It also reduces your time on market and helps you land offers inside the “magic window” of 3 to 4 weeks after listing, when you’re most likely to get high offers.
- 3. Video Walkthrough: Video walkthroughs are highly effective, though underused, marketing tools. When buyers view multiple homes, it can be difficult to differentiate them in their minds when they return home. But a good video walkthrough lets them revisit the home whenever they want, refreshing their memories and renewing their interest, essentially selling it to them all over again.
- 4. Replacing Flooring and Paint: Carpet older than 3 years, and hardwood older than 5, should be replaced if you want your home to sell quickly. And a new coat of paint, preferably in neutral tones, can take your home from stale to stunning in no more than a day or two.
- 5. Improve Landscaping: When a buyer views your home in person, their first impression is formed in large part by your yard. This is called curb appeal, and if your home doesn’t have it, many buyers will pass you by before they ever step foot in your house. Therefor, attractive landscaping features are essential to getting your home sold quickly. Even if you have existing landscape elements in place, it’s important that they look new. Adding new mulch, flowers, and shrubs can dramatically improve your home’s curb appeal and shorten your days on market.
TIPS FOR A SPEEDY SALE – At Orlando Homes For Sale, we know your time is valuable, and we understand the importance of making a speedy sale. Our team can help steer you toward a temporary residence, connect you with contractors to renew your flooring, paint, and landscaping, provide a professional video walkthrough of your home, and help you properly price your property, all of which, in combination, will reduce your days on market and increase the dollars in your pocket.